COFFEE! COFFEE! COFFEE!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! I love coffee!
My morning ritual is, my alarm goes off, I meditate for 20 minutes, then hop to the kitchen to turn on my KEURIG coffee brewer (So fancy! LOL!). Put fresh cold water in it, let it get ready to brew (which takes a few seconds). Then I hop back to the bathroom to freshen up. Hop back to the kitchen and make myself a nice cup of coffee. Italian Dark Bold Roast being my favorite. I also love French Dark Roast. I then take my cup of coffee to my bedroom, sip it while doing my hair and make up, sip it while putting together my outfit of the day. Finally, I take my cup to my (home) office and finish sipping while doing a little work.
I want to share some coffee FYI with you guys. And I hope to get some great comments on my fellow coffee lovers. None coffee lovers are welcomed too. I love tea as well, I’ll have to make a post about tea soon. Next week??? Yes??? Cool! =]
So, did you know???
- That frequent coffee drinkers have a lower risk of dying from a variety of diseases, compared with people who drink little or no coffee.
- Coffee is America’s No. 1 source of antioxidants, an important compound that protects your body from disease.
- The darker the roast the less caffeine. The lighter the roast the more caffeine.
- Decaf has the same antioxidant benefits as regular coffee.
- Coffee improves memory. A cup of coffee can keep you focused so you’ll be much better prepared when it’s time for recall.
- It’s a mood booster. When you need an instant pick-me-up, a cup of coffee can be all that you need for a mood makeover.
- Clearer thoughts. If you’re suffering from mental blocks and just can’t get into your work flow, a large cup of coffee can clear your head and improve concentration.
- Helps with your diet. Caffeine is a natural appetites suppressant, so if you’re trying to cut back on sugar or high-fat foods, try a cup of black coffee (with sweetener and skim milk) as an alternative snack that also gives you a boost.
- It takes up to seven hours to metabolize caffeine. So don’t drink coffee close to bed time. time.
- It can make pain medications for headaches more effective.
- Caffeine is a performance and endurance enhancer. Not only does it fight fatigue, but it also strengthens muscle contraction, reduces the perception of pain, and increases fatty acids in the blood, which supports endurance.
If you’re in the LA area. My favorite coffee shop is Urth Caffe. They are an organic caffe with multiple locations in LA. My favorite is the one on Melrose. Their coffee is the best in my opinion. They have organic Italian Roasts and Cappuccinos that make me wish my coffee cup wouldn’t go empty. It’s also one of my favorite breakfast/lunch spots. Great menu and delicious pastries.